Airbus is a leading aircraft manufacturer with the most modern and comprehensive family of airliners on the market, ranging in capacity from 100 to more than 500 seats. Airbus champions innovative technologies and offers some of the world’s most fuel efficient and quiet aircraft. Airbus has sold over 13,300 aircraft to more than 360 customers worldwide and achieved more than 8,000 deliveries since the first Airbus aircraft entered into service. Airbus is a global company, employing some 59,000 people, with design and manufacturing facilities in France, Germany, the UK and Spain as well as subsidiaries in the U.S., China, Japan and in the Middle East.
How we can help you
We are offering placements incorporating mentoring and training. The placement area will depend on each individual’s skills and interest.
There is no requirement for previous experience as we can accommodate individuals with no previous experience to those with transferable skills. The duration of the placements can vary according their availability so, generally 2 days a week for a period of between 4 weeks to 3 months.
Types of opportunities areas are:
1. Environmental health and safety
2. With an Industrial Engineer (To systematically exam methods of carrying out activities with the aim of improving the effective use of resources and to set up standards of performance for the activities being carried out)
3. Supply chain logistics (Taking delivery and inspection of parts)
4. Information systems technology (Daily monitoring of shop floor IT equipment)
5. Lean (To create maintain and improve the standards to which Airbus works)
6. Industrial maintenance (Responsible for the services or contractual agreements related to other functions who support production activities and help the PDT (product delivery team) achieve their deliverables)
7. Project improvements (integration of all multi-functional improvements within the A400M Wing, ensuring robust business cases are developed and the projects comply with the lifecycle for business improvement process).