Openreach, part of BT Group, looks after the local access network - the fibres, wires and cables that connect tens of millions of homes and businesses to phone, broadband, data and TV services. Openreach works on behalf of the nation's communications service providers (the companies that supply your phone/broadband) to keep the country connected.
Openreach has headquarters in London but we operate right across the UK, with offices in most major towns and cities and engineers who serve the whole country.
How we can help you
We can offer a range of opportunities, including:
- Visits and site tours: Visit one of our offices, exchanges or customer contact centres.
- Shadowing: Accompany an Openreach staff member at his/her work, including an opportunity to "ride along" with one of our 23,000 engineers.
- Work experience: We can offer periods of hands-on work experience from 1 week to 6 months, depending on the situation.
- Events - we hold regular Transition Force events aimed at providing bespoke support, advice and mentoring to people who are transitioning and that complements the standard CTP provision.
- BT Buddies - We offer access to an established network of "BT Buddies" who can help support and advise you on civilian employment matters based on their own experience.