LH occupies a 25 acre site just off the A38 near Barton-under-Needwood employing around 360 staff. We provide a wide range of engineering services to clients including:
• UK Passenger railway vehicle owners and operators.
• RNLI (Royal National Lifeboat Institution)
• Defence Support Group (MOD).
• Network Rail.
• German and Danish Railway Companies.
• TATA Steel.
• Various other heavy industry clients.
Our key function at LH is to overhaul diesel engines and driveline equipment as well as refurbish industrial locomotives and Road Rail Vehicles.
As such we employ a wide range of skills including the following:
• Engine/Raft/Voith/Wheelset Builders and Strippers.
• Electrical Technicians.
• Fabricator / Welders/ Spray Painters.
• Health and Safety / Quality / Auditors
• Project Managers
• Project Engineers
• General engineering semi-skilled and un-skilled labour.
• Team Leaders.
• Office Administration staff including Accounts / HR / Purchasing.
How we can help you
Our intention at LH is to offer the maximum opportunities to service personnel wishing to gain a better understanding of the types of roles that exist in UK industry and the skills associated with taking on those roles. As such we are able to offer the following for any of the roles listed earlier.
• One day familiarisation visit.
• One to two week placement to shadow and or undertake actual work.
• Placement for period’s great than 2 weeks and beyond 6 months to gain real work experience and references.
• Discussion on qualifications would take place to help you to become more attractive to employers in each area.
• On a placement time can be spent in several areas to allow choices to be made.
• LH is based in the Midlands south of Derby.
LH Group does have sister companies located across the UK at; Doncaster, Kilmarnock, Loughborough, Leeds, Northampton, Portlaoise (Southern Ireland) and Lincoln. These locations could be approached for opportunities, however, may take longer to organise and cannot be guaranteed.
Opportunities are subject to availability at time of application and subject to a successful interview for any particular role, no previous experience or qualifications are necessary.
We are committed to offering everyone an “individual package” to allow them to make the most of their time in a safe environment such that training credits can be well spent, roles and expectations clearly understood and valuable hands on practical experience gained.