ISS is one of the world's largest facility services companies, providing public sector organizations and private sector businesses, with every support solution they might require. We can take care of everything related to their facilities, including cleaning, catering, maintenance, security, support and property services.
Whilst we operate in 54 countries worldwide, here in the UK we employ over 50,000 people providing services in virtually all parts of the country. We are committed to supporting all Service Leavers in finding suitable vocational opportunities no matter their background or their physical capabilities. We are proud to support the Armed Forces Corporate Covenant.
How we can help you
We are pledged to ensuring that members of our Nation’s Armed Forces do not have any disadvantages when transitioning from Service to Civilian life. In particular we are especially concerned that those who have incurred any incapacity as a result of their Service have as much opportunity within our business as possible. To this end, we are committed to:
- Identifying all posts within our UK business streams which are suitable for personnel with disabilities and advertising them on our Recovery Career portal;
- Providing work placements for injured personnel to assist with their transition to civilian employment;
- Running open days at our main workplaces where injured personnel can gain first-hand experience of a civilian working environment;
- On a spare capacity basis, offer places within our training courses to give injured personnel additional qualifications where it is feasible and appropriate to do so;
- Provide mentoring and other employment skill services where it is feasible and appropriate to do so.
Whether it is working in a café on a busy RAF Station, helping in the kitchens on an Army Training Regiment, doing the vital job of cleaning in hospitals or providing Reception facilities for our largest client, Barclays, ISS has a wide range of jobs suitable for Service personnel suffering from disabilities as a consequence of their Service to their country. We are here to help them with a fresh start and to help with their recovery. We look forward to hearing from you.