Partner details

Back to Partner list

Sutton & East Surrey Water

About Us

Sutton and East Surrey Water supplies water to 265,000 homes, 675,000 people and 17,000 businesses in an 835 square kilometre area, extending across the London Boroughs of Croydon, Merton and Sutton, as well as East Surrey and parts of Kent and Sussex. Our eight treatment works supply 153 million litres per day into a mains network 3,400km long. Our sources of water include one surface water reservoir, which accounts for 15% of supply extracted from the River Eden. The remaining 85% of supply is abstracted from groundwater via underground aquifers and wells.  Our water quality is amongst the highest in the country, achieving 100% compliance from the Drinking Water Inspectorate in 2012.