The MITIE Foundation is an independent charity established by MITIE Group PLC, a FTSE 250 £2bn revenue strategic outsourcing organisation.
The Foundation’s mission is to benefit the local communities where we operate and raise aspirations and unlock people’s true potential.
MITIE provides a range of services, including facilities management, energy services and healthcare, to global clients as well as UK Government departments.
Our services include; cleaning, catering, security, maintenance, landscaping, pest control, energy consultancy, client services, property services, engineering and homecare provision. Within these services we also have HR, finance, procurement, administration, contract management and front line operation functions.
How we can help you
Through the MITIE Foundation we should be able to offer;
1) Volunteering - the opportunity to join our strategic community projects to make a difference to a local community organisation, build confidence, share skills, as well as the opportunity to build networks. These events generally last one day.
2) Mentoring – we can match your skills, aspirations and personality to a MITIE manager with a military understanding to help, encourage and support your move into the world of employment. The duration will be arranged on a local basis depending on your individual needs and our operational constraints.
3) CV and interview workshops – learn how to tailor your CV for each role you apply for. Our interactive interview workshops give you the opportunity to learn the confidence and skills required to impress – also a great way to add to your contacts.
4) Taster visits – whatever industry you are interested in pursuing for your future career, we can run taster days so you understand the diversity of careers available and can try out roles to see if they are right for you.
5) Job shadowing – if you are certain of the industry you wish to join, you can shadow one of our managers to understand the different elements of a particular role.